Meet the Team
The Maine Harvest Credit Project is primarily the work of Sam May (Advisory Board Chair) and Scott Budde (Project Director). The Project has an Oversight Board of MOFGA and Maine Farmland Trust Representatives and an Advisory Board of subject matter experts and key stakeholders.
Advisory Board Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org / 207.653.2260
Sam grew up in midcoast Maine where he co-founded Smith and May Masonry and helped his brother start Peter Ott’s Restaurant in Camden. After earning an MBA in international business, he worked in Silicon Valley as an equity research analyst and managing director with US Bancorp Piper Jaffray, covering technology stocks worldwide. In 2005 he moved to Hong Kong and helped Chinese companies navigate US capital markets until his return to Maine in 2011. Sam currently serves on the board of the Maine Organic Farmers and Gardeners Association (MOFGA), where he sits on the executive, finance, and fundraising committees. He also serves on the steering committee of Slow Money Maine. Sam lives in Portland with his wife and family.
Scott Budde, CFA
email@example.com / 207.653.5527
Scott has 30 years of experience in banking, consulting, and investment management. For 18 of these years, he worked at TIAA-CREF, a large pension and investment firm where he was an analyst, portfolio manager and created the firm’s first investment department focused on social and impact investing strategies. His prior bank experience includes 10 years in finance, strategic planning, and credit analysis in Boston. He began his community development credit union work in 2012 and returned to Maine in 2013. Scott graduated from Bowdoin College and has a master’s degree in International Affairs from Columbia University. He lives in Portland with his wife and a poodle-terrier mix named Casco.
- Logan Johnston, Farmer, Oaklands Farm, MOFGA Board Member
- Sam May, Board Chair & MOFGA Board Member
- John Piotti, Executive Director of Maine Farmland Trust
- James Lawrence, Maine Farmland Trust Board Member
- Gene Ardito, President & CEO, cPort Credit Union
- Logan Johnston, Farmer, Oaklands Farm; Board Member, MOFGA
- James Lawrence, Board Member , Maine Farmland Trust
- Sam May, Board Member, MOFGA; Steering Committee Member, Slow Money Maine
- John Sharood, CFO, Mousam Valley Mushrooms; Member, Slow Money Maine
- Dorothy Suput, Founder & Executive Director, The Carrot Project
- Don Todd, State Executive Director for Maine, USDA